VARIANSI Journal focuses on the research of a study on a variety of topics and research methods in both sciences, mathematics, its education, and applied science. The journal welcomes articles that address common issues in mathematics, sciences, education, applied science and cross-curricular dimensions more widely.
The statement of scientific publication code ethics is based on the LIPI Regulation Number 5 in 2014 about Scientific Publication Code Ethics, which uphold 3 ethic values in publication, they are: (i) neutrality, it is clear from conflict of interest in the publication processing; (ii) justice, it gives right to the writer to claim his/her papers; and (iii) Honesty, it is clear from duplicating, fabricating, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of the journal processor
- Deciding the title of the journal, the study scope, the period, and accreditation if it is necessary.
- Arranging the membership of editor committee.
- Defining the relationship between the publisher, editor, experts, and other participants in the agreement.
- Respecting to the confidential things, whether it is for the contributed researchers, writers/authors, editors, and experts.
- Applying norms and conditions about the rights of intellectual properties, especially the copyrights.
- Studying the journal policies and deliver them to the authors/writers.
- Creating code ethics guidance for editors and experts.
- Publishing the journal regularly.
- Giving guarantee the availability of funding sources for the continuity of journal publication.
- Setting networks and marketing.
- Preparing the license and other legalizing things.
Duties and Responsibilities of editors
- Meeting the readers and authors/writers requirements.
- Attempting to the increasing of publication quality continuously.
- Applying the process to assuring the quality of published papers/articles.
- Promoting freedom of ideas objectively.
- Maintaining the integrity of academic track record of the authors/writers.
- Submitting corrections, clarifications, returning, apologizing if necessary.
- Responsible for the style and form the writing, whilst the content and any statements written in the writing is the responsibility of the writers/authors.
- Actively asking the writer/authors, readers, experts, and the editors committee about their opinion and suggestion to increase the publication quality.
- Promoting the assessment to the journal for each finding.
- Supporting the ideas to decrease the research and publication errors by having the authors/writers to enclose their Ethic Clearance forms that have been approved by the Ethic Clearance Commission.
- Participating ideas to educate the researchers about publication ethics.
- Studying the effects of publication policies on the writers/authors and experts and fixing it in order to increase the responsibilities and minimize the errors.
- Having open-minded attitude toward the new or others ideas which possibly oppose personal view.
- Do not force on his/her own view, authors/writers or third parties view that can cause in giving subjective decision.
- Motivate the authors/writers in order to do constructive improvement to have the proper publications.
Duties and responsibilities of experts
- Commanding duties from the editors committee to review the papers and deliver the results to the editors to determine a proper published paper.
- The reviewers cannot review a paper which involves him/her self directly or indirectly.
- Keeping the privacy of the authors to not publish the corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by giving critics, suggestions, and recommendations.
- Encourage the authors/writers to do improvement to their papers.
- Review again the papers that have been reviewed based on the standards.
- The papers are reviewed in time based on the scientific standard form determined (Data collection method, the authorization of the author, conclusion, etc).
Duties and Responsibilities of the authors/writers
- Ensure that the author who registers has met the requirements as an author.
- Collectively responsible for his profession and the content of the article including the method, analysis, calculation/measurement, and details.
- State the sources (including fund) directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limits in his/her writing.
- Give response to the correction given by the expert professionally and on time.
- Inform to the editor if she/he wants to cancel his/her participation.
- Make a statement letter stated that the paper is genuine, never published in other publishers and in any other languages, and not in process of proposing to the other publishers.